Monday, January 24, 2011

Learning to make your own layouts

Of course the easiest way to build a scrapbook page is to follow a proven layout that someone else has designed - and I have done several of these!  However, I find when I look through my albums that there is something very "me" in the layouts I create myself.  They may not be the prettiest or most creative,  but they make me feel good every time I look at them as well as serving as a visual history of my increasing knowledge of all things scrapbooking.

I've finally finished our Honeymoon scrapbook! It only took me 7 years lol.. ok, I didn't work continuously on it - in fact as you know I really just picked it up again in these last 2 years.  I went from stickers and 5 pictures to a page to cuttlebugging and pop dotting!  What I was most proud of was my ability to improvise and use the different "mediums" I was learning about.  




This is a page I am very proud of because I didn't let the "open space" scare me as it has in the past.. and I didn't feel compelled to add 7 pictures!  I used a textured plain card stock and stamped hearts in red and blue distressed ink and used scraps of my mickey papers as photo frames.  I actually cut out a couple of cute frames with the cricut, but darned if I can remember which cartridge!  I added some stickers and a finely cut out picture I took of the Epcot "ball" and voila - a page that really makes me happy when I look at it.  Reminds me of looking at the 'lake' at Epcot on that cool May day hanging out with my new hubby :)

1 comment:

  1. I love your Disney book! And all of the pages really are "you" even the page builder LO's. You've made them very much you own. Y'all are so happy in these photos.

    ReplyDelete